Akron Beacon Journal
AK Steel and the union at its Middletown Works plant returned to the bargaining table Friday for only their third session since union workers were locked out 10 days earlier.The two sides met for about 45 minutes, exchanging information on several issues, company spokesman Alan McCoy said. More talks are expected, but no session was scheduled.The nearly 2,700 members of the Armco Employees Independent Federation have been kept outside the gates since their contract expired at midnight Feb. 28. Salaried employees and replacement workers have been running the mill.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance