Detroit News Online
The independent union that represents hourly workers locked out of AK Steel’s Middletown Works for three months endorsed affiliating with a major international union Friday.
Uniting with the International Association of Machinists could not only increase the strength of the Middletown Works union that has been independent for some seven decades, but would help resolve a key issue — pensions — in the standoff.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance