Yahoo! News: “Alcan delivered gleaming results for the third quarter, as the burgeoning global economy continued to bolster demand for aluminum. The firm seems well-positioned to keep up its performance in the near term, even as it lays the groundwork for a major transformation.
The Canadian-based company, the world’s second-largest aluminum producer, posted per-share income from operations of $0.47 in the quarter, a nice 47% gain from the same period in 2003.
Alcan’s showing looks all the more spectacular when compared with the recent disappointing performance of its chief competitor, Alcoa, which holds the No. 1 spot in aluminum production. Unlike its bigger rival, Alcan seems to be taking full advantage of the tight aluminum market. And future trends look bright — Alcan is now projecting a wider deficit in aluminum production than it did in the second quarter.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance