Yahoo! News: “BcMetals Corp. and Finnish company Outokumpu Technology have signed a deal to build a copper plant in British Columbia.
The small B.C. metals company (TSXV:C) said late Sunday it had signed a memorandum of understanding with Outokumpu to build an integrated copper production plant at the Red Chris copper-gold deposit in northwestern B.C. Financial terms of the deal were not revealed. Finnish-based Outokumpu is a major metals processing, research and technology company with 19,000 employees around the world.
The proposed plant is expected to produce 50,000 tonnes of copper annually. Outokumpu plans to use a new advanced technology to produce manufactured commercial copper directly from copper concentrate at the mine site. “
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance