Allegheny Ludlum Steel will upgrade its Bagdad Works in Gilpin because of an upswing in demand for silicon electrical steel, an upswing that is expected to grow stronger because of Hurricane Katrina.
Silicon steel is used to make electrical transformers, transformer lines and for in-house electrical systems.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance