Orders to U.S. factories for big-ticket manufactured goods rose a solid 1.9 percent last month, the best showing since November. Sales of new homes hit an all-time high.
The reports provided further evidence that the economy has recovered from its March slowdown.
Economists said the strength in both reports showed that worries of a serious slowdown from this year’s oil shock were overblown.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance