Orders to U.S. factories for big-ticket manufactured goods fell 0.9 percent in January, the worst showing in three months, as demand for commercial aircraft fell sharply, the government reported Thursday.
The weakness was led by a 27.1 percent plunge in orders for commercial aircraft.
The overall decline was larger than expected, but it followed two months of strong gains. Orders were up 1.4 percent in December after an even larger 2 percent rise in November.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance