Japan will monitor prices of iron ore because increasing costs of the material may hurt the country’s steel production, Chief Cabinet Secretary Hiroyuki Hosoda said.
Nippon Steel Corp. and JEF Holdings Inc. said they will pay Brazil’s Cia. Vale do Rio Doce 71.5 percent more for iron ore starting April 1.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance