Labor Web Site Tracks Jobs Sent Overseas: “Organized labor is starting to track companies that ship U.S. jobs overseas and will make the information available to the public in a database.
An AFL-CIO affiliate, Working America, has compiled the information from a variety of sources, including the government’s trade adjustment assistance program for workers who lose jobs because of trade, companies’ annual reports and financial disclosures, and research by interest groups.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance