JS Online: “Imports of steel products at the Port of Milwaukee are up more than 200% from last year as European steel pours into the Midwest for factories making everything from appliances to automobiles.
The port received 97,000 tons of foreign-made steel products from January through mid-October, up from 31,000 tons for the same period in 2003.
That pace of activity is expected to continue through December as companies rush to stockpile steel before the St. Lawrence Seaway closes for the winter.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance