Another wave of layoffs at a Heartland plant; this time dozens in Dexter prepare to hit the unemployment line. The auto industry slump begins to wear thin on Southeast Missouri plant workers.
This is actually the third round of cuts at Arvin Meritor; a company that makes auto parts. The first round hit in November last year. Then in December, plant managers gave more people pink slips. This latest round, set to happen Friday will take about 45 more jobs.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance