Here’s a new (to me, anyways) steel recycling problem …. BBC NEWS: For more than two weeks, a team from the army has been checking and defusing shells recovered from 11 truck-loads of scrap metal imported by a private company.
The army was called in after 10 workers at this private foundry were killed last month when the heavy metal scrap they were handling exploded.
The blast was caused by live shells in the imported scrap. Bhushan Steel officials said the scrap had come from Iran via Dubai.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance