I like a story where someone comes in an invests in a historical steel mill, revives it and makes steel and profits again.
The Detroit News
The Russians arrived two years ago, stayed and the old Rouge Steel is beginning to prosper again.
Oh, sure, it’s got a Russian name now — Severstal North America Inc. Its CFO is called Kuznetsov, and the big boss back home is Alexey Mordashov, one of post-Soviet Russia’s wealthiest moguls. But the point for Dearborn and 2,100 former Rouge Steel employees is that the steel works Henry Ford built are no longer bankrupt. They’re rolling again and they have a future.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance