Samsung Heavy Industries Co., the world’s third-largest shipbuilder, will more than double purchases of steel plate from China next year because it can’t get enough from suppliers in South Korea and Japan.
The company will rely on China next year for 21 percent of the 5 millimeter- (0.12 inch) to 20-millimeter-thick slabs used to make vessel hulls, compared with 9 percent in 2006
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance