Three hundred jobs could be cut at the last remaining big stainless steel producer in Sheffield, the firm Outokumpu has confirmed.
Outokumpu, the world’s second-largest stainless steel producer, blames a global oversupply of steel for the proposed job cuts at its Tinsley site.
Around 100 jobs may go at the melting shop and 200 may go at the coil division early next year.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance