Specialty Steel Industry of North America
SSINA today released import, U.S. consumption, and import penetration data covering January through October 2004. Percentage comparisons refer to the YTD October 2003 ten-month period.
Imports of total stainless steel were 537,262 tons, a 30% increase; U.S. consumption was 1,996,913 tons, a 12% increase; import penetration was 27%, a four percentage point increase.
Alloy tool steel: Imports were 75,478 tons, a 5% increase; U.S. consumption and import penetration are not calculable.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance