Bradenton Herald | 09/12/2004 | Stainless style: Steel becoming ever pricier: “The price of stainless steel has risen as much as 60 percent in the past year, reflecting a shortage worldwide due in large part to demand for the metal from fast-growing China. Wholesale steel prices continue to rise, with one major maker just last week announcing another round of 3 to 6 percent price increases.
That higher cost, in turn, is increasing appliance prices anywhere from 1 to 10 percent.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance