WASHINGTON, May 19 /PRNewswire/ — Members of the Precision Metalforming Association (PMA) met with Members of Congress today to ask for specific help in ending unnecessary trade protection for the steel industry in the form of import duties on almost 200 steel products which are contributing to severe steel supply problems, shortages and high prices. Specifically, steel consumers stressed the importance of gaining full representation in trade cases by obtaining ‘Interested Party’ status during antidumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) proceedings.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance