New Orleans Times-Picayune : “Terminals at the Port of New Orleans are once again replete with imported steel, one year after President Bush rescinded steel tariffs that for 20 months kept the port’s most important import away from its docks.
From January through August, the last month for which data are available, steel shipments to the nation’s No. 2 steel port climbed about 70 percent compared with the same period last year, when steel barely trickled in. “
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance