PITTSBURG — Business executives and city leaders officially launched a new steel pipe factory Friday that is being designed to tap into the fast-rising demand for energy in the United States.
The $137 million United Spiral Pipe plant in Pittsburg will produce big steel pipes that are ideally suited for transporting oil and natural gas. The project is a joint venture of U.S. Steel Corp. and two South Korean companies, POSCO and SeAH Steel Corp.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance