Yahoo!: “Suzuki Motor Corp, Japan’s largest mini-vehicle maker, said it will reduce its domestic output in December by 13,000 vehicles due to shortage of steel.
‘Suzuki’s two domestic factories will halt operations for one or two days due to a steel shortage,’ said a company spokesman who declined to be identified.
He said production will be suspended for one day at the automaker’s Kosai plant, and for two days at its Iwata plant, both located in Shizuoka Prefecture near Tokyo.
He said both plants have been operating on weekends, and production would be halted on some weekends.
The Suzuki spokesman could not say if production would be affected beyond December by the shortage of steel.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance