Germanyï¿½s ThyssenKrupp AG said Tuesday it raised its bid for the Canadian steelmaker Dofasco Inc. to $4.2 billion, matching the latest competing offer from steel rival Arcelor SA.
Both bidders are now offering 63 Canadian dollars ($54.23) per share, or a total of 4.88 billion Canadian dollars ($4.2 billion), in cash for Dofasco, which is a major supplier to U.S. automakers.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance