ThyssenKrupp AG, Europe’s fourth- largest steelmaker, said profit almost tripled in the fiscal first quarter as the company sold more steel at higher prices.
Demand for ThyssenKrupp’s products, which range from extra- light steel for car bodies to elevators, has “notably increased in an overall favorable economic environment,” ThyssenKrupp said in the statement. “The boom on the international steel market will continue this year.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance