The Car Connection [ The Web’s Automotive Authority ]
2005 shapes up to be another difficult year for the auto industry, and suppliers will be among the hardest hit.
Grim news continues to emerge for hard-pressed automotive suppliers. This past week, Tower Automotive became the latest automotive supplier to file for bankruptcy and Visteon Corp. reported a net loss of $1.2 billion for 2004. Even relatively healthy suppliers such as American Axle reported that its earnings had declined in the fourth quarter, and others such as ArvinMeritor had been putting bits and pieces of its operations up for sale.
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance