St. Catharines Standard
U. S. Steel Canada is apologetic about its blast furnace belching smoke and coke dust into the air over Hamilton four times in little more than a month.
Spokesman Trevor Harris says the multinational steelmaker that took over Stelco last fall is calling on in-house experts around the world to help local staff and the Ontario Environment Ministry determine what went wrong and how to stop it happening.
‘One of the great benefits of being U. S. Steel Canada (instead of stand-alone Stelco) is that we now have access to expertise from literally around the world to try to rectify the problem.’
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance