Portman vowed to “use all options available” to meet this goal.
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., faulted the administration’s report for failing to deal with what many manufacturing companies see as a major contributor to the trade gap — Chinese policies that keep China’s currency undervalued against the U.S. dollar, giving the country huge trade advantages against U.S. producers.
“It is amazing that in a comprehensive 29-page report, the trade representative fails to mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room — how China manipulates its currency.”
Search this Blog
- Ottawa’s manufacturing fund a mirage
- High school co-op student dies at work placement
- U.S. Steel Canada files for creditor protection
- Canada manufacturing growth index at 4-month low in December – Yahoo Finance Canada
- 2 Ontario firms allege Chinese steel sinks violate trade rules, probes launched – Yahoo! Canada Finance